Dear North Burnaby Physio Clients
With the recent COVID-19 pandemic, and along with recommendations from public health to prevent further spread, we will not be opening the clinic for direct patient care until the situation allows.
We will be offering telehealth/telerehabilation services as of April 1, 2020 to continue to provide care to our ongoing patients as well as new patients. Physiotherapist will be able to:
- Take your history
- Assess your injury with visual observation, range of motion, and movement analysis
- Provide education and advice as well as teach exercises using our Physitrack exercise software and monitor your technique
- Make appropriate Referrals when indicated
Frequency Asked questions regarding Telehealth/Telerehabilition
How will I connect to the call?
We use Physitrack for our virtual physiotherapy visits. We will send you an email at your appointment time and a special “link” that you click to enter the visit or you can logon to your Physitrack account which will be provided after you schedule your appointment and you will receive an incoming call at the time of your appointment.
What device should I use?
Ideally, if you have a laptop/desktop with a webcam and microphone that you know how to work, that gives you the best view of the exercises and other content we use. However, a tablet or phone will work if you download the Physitrack App on your device.
Who can I call if I have difficulties with the connection?
We all know online video sessions are not without their problems! There are many different variables that can sabotage even the most well-planned call! If you are having difficulty,the physiotherapist will call you on your phone.
Are there any other tips for me?
Yes, here are a few:
- Use a pair of headphones to begin the session or have them close by. These will solve a lot of audio issues, test your systems microphone and camera are working properly
- Give yourself lots of space! This is physiotherapy after all, and it is likely we will have you move.
Helpful links to see how telehealth will look and troubleshooting
Is telehealth funded?
ICBC and Worksafe are currently funding telehealth
A few extended health providers
Sunlife, Manulife and Pacific Blue Cross for more info see link from PABC